09 November, 2006

Something Fishy

I don't like fish.

I don't like eating it, I don't like having it as a pet -why do people do that?-, I don't like its smell, I don't like its taste, I don't like its bones, I don't like that it takes me an hour to wash its smell off my hand after eating it, I hate its aftertaste which remains in your mouth for the rest of the day no matter what, I hate when fish swim near me, in short, I just hate everything about it. And a lot of people do to, at least a lot of the people I know! And the proof? There's like a million way to prepare fish, and if you think about it, fish doesn't really have a taste, this is even more obvious for squid, it just has absolutely no taste, I almost through up after I eat it, the taste comes from all the stuff you put in the recipe, and chef's all around the world know it...

I really believe that there's a big conspiracy by chef's, for whom fish is like the ultimate challenge. Feed people something that doesn't have any taste, over charge them for it and make them believe like they had the most delicious meal in the world while all the ate actually is herbs and spices and some vegetables maybe... ITS A COMPLETE SCAM GOD DAMN IT!

You will say, ok, so what do I care? Don't eat it moron, nobody's forcing you to do, well, true, but again I'm an eater, if its their on the dining table and I have nothing else to eat, I'll eat it!

Now back to our subject, ok, besides all the stuff I hate about fish, there's one thing that bothers me the most, its price! Fish is like the most expensive thing you could eat almost any where in the world, it doesn't matter if you live in the middle of the desert or on an island in the middle of the Atlantic ocean, its still expensive. Don't you think that there's something "fishy" about this? Ok, fish is the only type of food in the world that I know of, or one of the very few, that you spend no money raising it, caring for it, protecting from illnesses, providing shelter or a place for living, nothing, you spend absolutely nothing on fish, until you "fish" it at least!

Even then, did anybody see a fishing boat? Will, here in Alexandria at least, fishing boats don't seem to me like the most expensive boats in the world, they don't look safe either! And what other equipment do you need to go fishing? A net? Have you ever seen one of these shipping boats on TV when they drag fishing net out of the sea and its like swarming with fish? With a net that costs like what, 100-120 pounds at most, and you are catching all this fish. Its simply the most cost effective process I've ever seen.

Compare this to cattle, you spend all kinds of money on cattle, between buying a farm where you could actually raise cattle, you have to take care of it 24/7, feed it, treat it, milk it, slaughter it, transport it, freeze it, package it, its a head ache, but still it could be half as cheap as fish.

Somebody please explain this to me. Cause if I don't get one, I'm going public on the chef-fishermen conspiracy.

No comments:

Post a Comment